Salary Range: $75,000
Location: Vancouver, BC/Lower Mainland
Overview of Duties:
The Trustees of the IATSE LOCAL 891 Employee and Health Trust (“ELHT”) are searching for a Trust Secretary. This is a new position, and the Trust Secretary will manage communication with the Board of Trustees, Plan Administrator and Consultants.
The IATSE LOCAL 891 Employee and Health Trust provides a comprehensive benefits plan for approximately 10,000 members of the IATSE LOCAL 891 and their families.
The successful applicant will ensure the efficient operation of the Trust and Plan and play a key role in the administration of important trust and governance matters. You will be responsible for organizing Trust and Committee meetings, attending as Secretary, and preparing and circulating the minutes of these meetings.
In your position, you will work closely with the Board Chair and Committee Chairs to enable implementation of their tasks, assisting in the drafting of motions, recommendations, and reports to the Board of Trustees.
You will have a variety of responsibilities which will include preparation and distribution of notices, agendas, and other documentation, ensuring proper action be taken following resolutions and decisions, review of trust policy manual, maintenance and retention of official Trust records, assisting with registration for education and conferences for the Trustees and facilitate Trustee expense records.
You will also be expected to perform such other duties which usually pertain to the Secretary, or which may from time to time be prescribed by the Board of Trustees or be required by law.
The position will be part time, approximately 25 hours per week, which will be flexible. The successful applicant should be based in BC, ideally in the Lower Mainland.
- Post-secondary Education business administration
- CEBS Designation
- Five years minimum experience with trust and benefit plans
- Excellent communication and technical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High degree of personal integrity, accountability and confidentiality required
- Proven ability to anticipate needs, proactively act and execute
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of an organization and community
- Strong record of governance practices
- GPC.D accreditation (Governance Professionals of Canada) – desirable
- Legal/Paralegal certification – desirable
Salary: $75,000 per annum plus a generous benefits package.
IATSE LOCAL 891 Employee and Health Trust is an equal opportunity employer that proactively seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Employment Status: Part time – approx. 25 hours per week
How to apply and contact information
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org