Back to Article:

Have your say: Should benefits plans cover medical marijuana?

Comments

Kerry:

yes I do especially disability and welfare

Tuesday, August 16 at 1:20 pm | Reply

Dianne Lacroix:

Yes,especially if you are under Doctors care.

Tuesday, August 16 at 2:08 pm | Reply

Marygail O'Riley:

Yes I do believe they should be covered. Especially for the people who require Medical Marijuana, who are on Disability and are our more vunerable citizens. They may be using it for pain management and it seems to me it is a better alternative than more dangerous pharmacutical drugs.

Tuesday, August 16 at 2:29 pm | Reply

Angele Dumoulin:

It absolutely should be covered. It should be covered by insurance companies that offer drug plans and also by the government for people who are on disability, ODSP and Welfare and senior on a low retirement CCP and others.

Tuesday, August 16 at 7:40 pm | Reply

Ron:

Yes I do feel that medical Cannabis should be covered just like any other prescription drug, most those requiring Medical Cannabis and disabled, pension, PTSD, and those mostly within the low income brackets trying to access more health conscious drugs ! Yes should be covered….

Tuesday, August 16 at 9:11 pm | Reply

John Shadbolt:

Yes, of course. People should make decisions for themselves.

Wednesday, August 17 at 9:16 am | Reply

Todd:

Wednesday, August 17 at 10:17 am | Reply

danny melowsky:

I give an astounding yes to cannabis coverage. I am in odsp for many existing issues, i have my card and i need the cannabis to ease the pain i constantly suffer. i have issues with my kidneys from all the meds i take, the cannabis also keeps my anger in check which is also caused by my pain issues . The problem with no coverage is that being on odsp leaves me with a huge financial hole every month, which for people like me that need the cannabis to function and cant afford to go without. here’s the rub, do i go without food for the use of relieving drugs or suffer constant harsh pain,
It would be nice and help a lot of people to function more normally in their daily life if the cannibis was to be covered

Friday, May 19 at 7:58 pm | Reply

Deeanna:

YES! YES! YES! I am 57 year old woman with Fibromyalgia. I have tried healthy options for pain but nothing works. Certain strains of Oil based marijuana helps with pain and does not get you high. But is expensive. Doctor gave me OXY. Would rather not have that pharmaceutical garbage in my system but ODSP covers it.

Wednesday, July 19 at 7:21 pm | Reply