Back to Article:

How are Canadian pension plans responding to coronavirus?

Comments

Olivia Andrew:

Hello, I am a pensioner. Are there any disruptions to receiving my monthly Canadian old-age pension and GIS during Covid-19?

Monday, March 23 at 3:15 pm | Reply

marilyn mckay:

Just wondering if the pensions are coming out as usual? Thank you.

Wednesday, March 25 at 1:00 pm | Reply

Genovieve:

During this coronavirus, are all pensioners receiving their direct deposit CPP and old age for the month of March 2020?

Please update us. Thank you.

Saturday, March 28 at 12:35 pm | Reply

aukea walters:

Following the COVID-19 market crash, are our CPP pensions safe?

Wednesday, April 29 at 4:28 pm

Gerald Hughson:

With CPP and OAS, will there be changes because of the virus?

Thursday, April 02 at 12:09 pm | Reply

mr wright:

I hear there will be a top-up for regular pension for the four month while the virus is with us — Is this correct? I am sure many, many people would like to have this clarified.

Saturday, April 04 at 3:12 pm

fred beemer:

Is it true that there will be an increase in the CPP and OAS for four months? Please clarify.

Friday, April 10 at 12:52 pm

Ms Oliver:

Is it possible that pensioners will receive extra funding to cover extra costs for medical, food, out-of-the-ordinary supplies and purchase of gear we wouldn’t usually need or wear, during this corona season. I feel there should be some extra funding provided to the seniors who also have no way to ‘produce’ extra income, through work, help from relatives and help from businesses.

Monday, April 13 at 2:41 am

Terri:

I am concerned that, to date, there has been not been even temporary increases for CPP disability recipients. These people already live below the poverty line and are at increased risk. Is the any help coming from the fed or Ontario govt as B.C. has provided.

Monday, April 13 at 5:08 pm | Reply

patricia marcil:

What month are pensioners getting the increase that Trudeau said he would give us in his campaign promise?

Friday, April 17 at 11:04 am | Reply

Slawko J.pihursky:

I am on CPP and OAS. Are there, or will there be, any extra funding for us seniors? Is there any truth to this during COVID-19.

Can you update us all? Thank you, a struggling senior

Tuesday, April 21 at 9:14 am | Reply

Winifred Blackman:

Will there be an increase in the CPP and OAS during COVID-19?

Friday, April 24 at 3:59 pm | Reply

lynne tetz:

Welfare recipients are receiving a generous top-up to their monthly amounts. Will people on CPPD be also receiving additional financial aid to get through this pandemic?

Wednesday, April 29 at 7:55 pm | Reply

Debbie Marr:

I’m on CPP disability. I know someone who just got a letter and a cheque saying his CPP will be doubled for the next four months. If this is true, am I eligible for this, being on CPP disability?

Monday, May 04 at 1:19 pm | Reply

G.H.:

I’m on CPP disability and I hear about extra help and extra benefits for seniors all the time (not that they don’t deserve it) but those of us on CPP disability seem to be ignored and fall through the cracks constantly. I don’t have a drug plan and now I have to pay dispensing fees each month because the govt. has now said we can only receive a one month supply of meds at a time instead of the three month supply I usually can get (again I understand that everyone needs access to meds and no one wants anyone to be without, but that’s just one example of the issues those of us on CPP disability face.) Shouldn’t those of us on CPP disability receive all the same benefits as seniors receive? It would make for a much more fair system (tax breaks, free meds, etc.)

Thursday, May 07 at 3:46 am | Reply

Sia:

My aunt receives pension from Canada and Quebec but she lives in Greece now. She says she hasn’t received her pension check in the mail in 2 months now. What happened? What can she do?

Wednesday, May 13 at 8:12 am | Reply

Ron Mitchell:

Since our pension increase is based on CPI, can we expect a reduction in our pension since currently the CPI is a negative figure?

Friday, May 22 at 10:19 am | Reply