Sylvain Perreault, chief compliance officer with Desjardins Group, has been elected as the new board chair of the Investment Industry Association of Canada (IIAC).
In his role as IIAC board chair, he will focus his efforts on continuing to ensure that the IIAC remains a strong and effective advocate on behalf of the association’s 160 member firms by broadening the regulatory debate beyond specific advocacy initiatives to the bigger picture, notably the unintended consequences and costs of regulatory reforms.
In addition, Greg Woynarski, global head of debt capital markets with Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets, has been elected board vice-chair.
The IIAC also welcomes the following new board members:
- Matthew Gaasenbeek – president, Canaccord Genuity (Canada); and
- Bryan Osmar – managing director and head, market infrastructure, RBC Capital Markets.
The following board members have been re-elected to serve additional two-year terms:
- Sandy Cimoroni – president, TD Mutual Funds;
- Steven Donald – president, Assante Wealth Management; and
- Charlie Spiring – vice-chairman and director, National Bank Financial Wealth Management, and immediate past chair, IIAC board of directors.
And the IIAC’s immediate past vice-chair, Peter Brown—recently retired honorary chairman, Canaccord Financial—has been named the IIAC’s inaugural chairman emeritus.
For more industry moves, check out People Watch.
This week’s top stories: