Home CPPIB Page 2

Keyword: CPPIB

381 results found
CPPIB investing in U.S. real-estate developments, European wind farms

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is forming a joint venture with Greystar Real Estate Partners to pursue multi-family real estate development opportunities in target markets in the U.S. The CPPIB has invested US$350 million in equity to the joint venture for a 90 per cent stake and Greystar has allocated US$39 million for the remaining 10 per cent. Greystar will manage […]

  • By: Staff
  • January 7, 2021 April 14, 2021
  • 15:00
Caisse investing in Taiwan wind farm, CPPIB in Indonesian logistics venture

The Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and local investor Cathay PE are jointly acquiring a 50 per cent interest in the Greater Changhua 1 Offshore Wind Farm, a 605-megawatt facility in Taiwan. The majority of the approximately $3.4-billion deal will be used to pay for the engineering, procurement and construction services for the […]

  • By: Staff
  • January 5, 2021 April 14, 2021
  • 09:00
CPPIB, Caisse investing in European clean energy projects

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is launching Renewable Power Capital Ltd., a U.K.-based platform that will focus on renewable energy investments in Europe. The platform is backed by the CPPIB’s power and renewables investment strategy and will invest in solar, onshore wind and battery storage projects across Europe, according to a press release, which also noted […]

  • By: Staff
  • December 9, 2020 April 28, 2021
  • 15:00
CPPIB investing in Seattle real estate, BCI in legacy acquirer

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Hudson Pacific Properties Inc. are purchasing an office tower in Seattle for US$625 million. The property is 98 per cent leased with Amazon.com Inc. occupying a majority of the building. It’s the latest investment in Seattle real estate by the partnership, which also jointly owns the nearby Hill7 office tower. “We’re pleased […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 30, 2020 November 30, 2020
  • 15:00
Pension fund managers calling for stronger ESG disclosure

A group of Canadian pension plan investment managers is calling on companies to standardize their environmental, social and governance disclosure to help them in their investment decision-making and better assess and manage their risks. Together, the eight fund managers oversee a total of about $1.6 trillion in assets and are committing to strengthening ESG disclosure within […]

PSP invests in telecommunications, CPPIB in biopharmaceuticals

The Public Sector Pension Investment Board is entering a definitive agreement with Loral Space & Communications Inc. and Telesat Canada to combine the two telecommunications businesses into a new Canadian public company. The PSP will own a 36.7 per cent interest in New Telesat as a result of the merger, expected to close in the […]

  • November 24, 2020 January 19, 2021
  • 15:00
PSP investing in U.K. real estate, OTPP issuing green bond

The Public Sector Pension Investment Board and Aviva Investors are jointly funding a new office building in Cambridge, England. The six-storey building has been fully pre-let to a flexible workspace provider, according to a press release that noted construction is expected to be completed in 2023. It’s the latest investment in Cambridge real estate by […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 23, 2020 January 19, 2021
  • 15:30
CPPIB earns 5% net return in fiscal Q2

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board ended its second quarter of fiscal 2021 with net assets of $456.7 billion, up from $434.4 billion at the end of the previous quarter, according to a new report. The $22.3 billion increase in net assets for the quarter consisted of $21.6 billion in net income after all costs […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 17, 2020 January 19, 2021
  • 09:33
CPPIB posts $456.7 billion in fiscal Q2, appoints new senior executive

The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board ended its second quarter of fiscal 2021 with net assets of $456.7 billion, up from $434.4 billion, according to a new report. The $22.3 billion increase in net assets for the quarter consisted of $21.6 billion in net income after all costs and $700 million in net CPP contributions. The […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 16, 2020 January 19, 2021
  • 15:00
Caisse, CPPIB, Ontario Teachers’ invest in insurance company

The Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan are entering into subscription agreements with Intact Financial Corp. to support its conditional acquisition offer for RSA Insurance Group. The Caisse, the CPPIB and the Ontario Teachers’ are committing $1.5 billion, $1.2 billion and $500 […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 12, 2020 January 19, 2021
  • 15:00