Home mentoring

Keyword: mentoring

11 results found
Copyright_ Andrii Dragan_123RF

Meridian Credit Union is focusing on flexibility and mentorship to promote gender equity and female leadership in the historically male-dominated financial industry. According to the Canadian Credit Union Association, in 2023, only eight per cent of Fortune 500 chief executive officers were women. However, at Canada’s credit unions, 30 per cent of CEOs/general managers were […]

Copyright_ devenorr_123RF

Just two-fifths (41 per cent) of global employers say they’ve attained full gender equity, according to a new survey by ManpowerGroup. The survey, which polled more than 40,000 employers in 42 countries, found 52 per cent reported pay equity initiatives are on schedule, while the remaining 48 per cent were behind or had no initiatives. […]

  • By: Staff
  • April 11, 2024 April 11, 2024
  • 15:00
Copyright_Olga Yastremska_123RF

Two-fifths (40 per cent) of U.S. employees say they’re working remotely at least one day a week, according to a new report by the Institute for Economic Policy Research at Stanford University. It found the average number of days worked from home increased amid the coronavirus pandemic, from roughly five per cent in 2019 to […]

  • By: Staff
  • July 12, 2023 July 12, 2023
  • 15:00

Accenture Canada is reinforcing its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion during Pride Month and beyond by offering leadership training and mentorship opportunities for all of its LGBTQ2S+ employees and allies. “We not only foster innovation and growth within these spaces, but ensure everyone knows this is a workplace of inclusion and equality,” says Caroline Gayle, […]

In three short years, the relationship between Canadian employers and employees has changed dramatically as a result of the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on health, finances and overall sense of security. While there’s a lot of talk about the world settling into a new normal in 2023, it’s not clear what that will look like. The […]

Editorial: Can working women have it all?

I’m about to embark on the most exciting and terrifying chapter of my life — by the time you read this, I’ll be more than six months pregnant with my first child. With a decade in the industry, writing and editing stories about work-life balance, it’s now time to face the reality myself and try […]

Women in Canada’s benefits, pension industries talk gender diversity

Early in Lana Burnstad’s career, she worked at a railway company that was merging several regional railways and their various benefits plans. Part of that process included working with multiple unions, which were traditionally male-dominated environments at the time. “That was a rough process — swearing and fist-pounding . . . . It was pretty […]

Sounding board: How to foster emotionally satisfied and productive employees

Typically, workplace culture has been left in the hands of human resources departments. It’s their job to make sure employees are happy and engaged, right? Well, yes, sort of. But something as big as culture can’t be just one department’s responsibility. The whole thing about culture is that everyone’s responsible for it. In 2018, Australia shone […]

Millennial employees more likely to be involved in mentoring: survey

Nearly half (46 per cent) of millennial workers have a mentor, compared with just 27 per cent of employees over age 35, according to a survey by American Express and Catalyst Canada. The survey, which polled 1,440 Canadians over the age of 22 working in a corporate environment, also found 34 per cent of all female […]

  • By: Staff
  • November 5, 2018 September 13, 2019
  • 08:45
Women in Canada’s pension, benefits industry discuss careers, pay equity and mentorship

Women made up nearly half (47.7 per cent) of Canada’s workforce in 2016, according to figures from Statistics Canada, marking a noteworthy rise on 1976’s 37.3 per cent. While that’s good news for the labour force in general, women continue to come up short in some sectors, including financial services. Camilla Sutton, president and chief […]